Doug’s Civilian Biography
For almost 20 years I have worked for several firms in the financial services world. Most recently, my job was as a Managing Director for a $40 billion asset management firm. My job before that was as a Managing Director for a global asset management firm with $50 billion in assets and I served on the 5 member US Board of Directors.
I am active at Simpsonwood United Methodist Church. Past committees include:
- Chair, Administrative Council
- Chair, Missions Committee
- Finance Committee
- Chair, Disaster Relief Committee (current)
- Past President, local Homeowners Association (3 years)
- Advisory Board – Operation One Voice
- Boy Scouts – numerous positions (current)
- Serve as leader on Senator Johnny Isakson’s Academy Selection Board
- Serve on Investment Committee for West Point Endowment (current)
- BS – United States Military Academy at West Point – 1981
- MBA – Duke University – 1989
Married to Pat for 28 years. Sons Dan (20) and Tommy (18), daughter Samantha (15). Both boys are cadets at West Point this year. We have lived in Gwinnett County for over 19 years.